Contact Us for a Consultation 404-254-0842

Dispute Rights

You have the right to dispute inaccurate or incomplete information in your consumer report.  The consumer reporting agency must conduct an investigation of your dispute and delete or modify any information that is inaccurate, incomplete, or cannot be verified.

Pursuant to Section 1681i of the Fair Credit Reporting Act:

 "if the completeness or accuracy of any item of information contained in a consumer's file at a consumer reporting agency is disputed by the consumer and the consumer notifies the agency directly, or indirectly through a reseller, of such dispute, the agency shall, free of charge, conduct a reasonable reinvestigation to determine whether the disputed information is inaccurate and record the current status of the disputed information, or delete the item from the file in accordance with paragraph (5), before the end of the 30-day period beginning on the date on which the agency receives the notice of the dispute from the consumer or reseller."

If you believe that there is inaccurate information on your background or credit report, you should dispute the information with the background reporting agency as soon as possible. The background reporting agency must conduct a reasonable investigation at no charge to you and must provide written notice to you of the results of a reinvestigation not later than 5 business days after the completion of the reinvestigation.

If you have questions about your rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act and/or would like to initiate a dispute concerning information on your background or credit report, please contact the FCRA attorneys at Weiner & Sand LLC.

Contact Us Today!

Even if you are not sure of the law and whether your employer violated your rights, we would be pleased to discuss your concerns with you.