FAQs – Weiner & Sand LLC
1. I CAN’T PAY FOR A LAWYER. WHAT CAN I DO?
We often represent clients on a contingency fee basis*. What this means is that we only receive payment of our attorneys’ fees if you recover on your legal claims.
2. GOING TO COURT IS GOING TO BE TIME-CONSUMING AND I’M NERVOUS. WHAT CAN I DO?
In this day and age, much of what we do as lawyers is done electronically. While you may need to go to court for a trial, there are many, many steps before that point. It actually is statistically rare for a case to go to trial. Many times, a case settles, a plaintiff wins, or a defendant wins before the case even gets to trial. The legal process is daunting, but it is our job as lawyers to explain everything to you and to make sure you understand what is happening.
3. MY LEGAL RIGHTS WERE VIOLATED, BUT I DON’T HAVE A LOT OF THE DOCUMENTS TO SHOW IT. WHAT CAN I DO?
To succeed in any case, you need evidence. Evidence can consist of documents, but it also can consist of testimony from witnesses. Documents are important and it would be helpful to have them. For example, it would be helpful to have your paystubs if you contend that an employer did not pay you overtime. But, if you don’t have the documents now, there are ways to obtain them during a lawsuit.
4. I AM AFRAID TO REACH OUT TO A LAWYER BECAUSE I THINK I WILL BE FIRED IF MY EMPLOYER FINDS OUT ABOUT IT. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
All discussions that we have with potential clients are kept strictly confidential. We will not divulge anything you tell us to your employer, or to anyone else without your authorization.
* Contingent attorneys’ fees refers only to those fees charged by attorneys for their legal services. Such fees are not permitted in all types of cases. Court costs and other additional expenses of legal action usually must be paid by the client.